Thursday, June 19, 2014

Review: Ippudo @ West Gate

#1501

I believe everyone has heard of this Japanese Ramen Restaurant, IPPUDO.
Specially paid a visit to their West Gate outlet and sorry, I'm not impressed by it.

There's a lot of bloggers out there saying it taste good and all, but I don't feel the same as them.
1. The Ramen just tasted normal, nothing out of special even though you can specify the hardness of your noodle, soft/medium/hard etc.
2. Their Chasyu are full of fats. You know those triple layer fats on pork, a thick layer of fat in between the meat itself? Yes, they have full of those fats for their chasyu.
3. Their spicy base weren't even spicy, it's too oily. Even after I added chilli powder, and added a lot of them, it still tasted like normal pork based soup together with oil.

I may not have pictures to show you right now but I think the food isn't worth the price.
With 5 gyoza that cost you $8 per plate, and it only tasted like normal gyoza.

So why visit them?
Or maybe it's just the Westgate outlet, but I'm pretty sure I'm not going to visit them again.

IPPUDO @ WESTGATE
Ambiance: 2/5 (their seats are kind of weirdly arranged and outlet is very small)
Food: 2/5
Value: 0

I can guarantee you that for the same amount of money you spend at Ippudo, you can get yourself other more decent Japanese food.

No comments: