Saturday, May 17, 2014

Review: Jetstar Flight Singapore to Taiwan Taoyuan

#1500

Finally, I've time to do a review on Jetstar flight.

Some of things that I'm concerned of before the flight were
1. Feeling hungry
2. Narrow leg-room
3. Uncomfortable seats
4. Sound
5. Baggage related problems

1.Feeling hungry on a budget airline flight is not a joke.
Very often passangers are to choose their desired set of meal during the booking of flight tickets, and yes they do cost ridiculously expensive. But that's how budget airline works.
If you did not purchase any sets, and feeling hungry, better pack some bread/sandwhich from the airport or anywhere and bring them to the plane with you.

*Note: Budget airlines do not carry a lot of extra sets on plane with them. Normally they just bring enough for those who purchased along with a few more. They do not have plenty of them, not like the normal airlines.

2.Narrow legroom isn't a joke either.
I would say Jetstar's leg room is literally half of the legroom we have in normal airlines. Last that I recall, Korean Air's legroom was very spacious, hence I said half.
Of course for tall people, especially the males, your leg is too long and you can't help but to occupy the whole leg space and worse, you actually disturb the passanger in front of you and they can feel your knee caps from their own seat.

I'm standing at around 1.67m, and I could not tolerate the legspace. If you're lucky that the three seats per row ain't fully occupied, you'll get to enjoy extra space, literally.

3. Uncomfortable seats
It wasn't too bad for a 3-4hour flight. At least those seats were kind of looked new not those a bit torns like those flights from Malaysia to Singapore.

But still, they can be as uncomfortable as well, no body says flight seats are comfortable unless you're in business/first class. Let's no go to there.

4. Sound
The sound was bearable because the plane size itself is an airbus with only one aisle. Smaller size, lesser engine, lesser noise.

5. Baggage related
I'm one of the unlucky ones that I got my luggage all dirty with some oil stain.
Worse of all, my luggage wasn't of plastic.

In general, I would still recomend people not to take budget airlines if you've the enough budget for normal airlines.
WHY?
I'm the person who is willing to pay extra for comfort and better food, better experience.

If you were to travel on Jetstar, good lucky people.

No comments: