Wednesday, June 19, 2013

BTT & Haze

#1487

Hello to whoever reading this.

Today, I went to take my basic theory test with a nervous mind. I was there early and I have no idea where to go and etc. So, I actually loitered around the corridor and well copy cat what others do. To my observation, there's lots of foreigners there taking the same test as me. Which makes me feel, what are they here for..

Took the test, with a hand supporting my head, that's how nervous I felt.
I finished one round of answering in 10minutes plus and finally completing the test within 20minutes.
Things are getting so high tech that, it's a touch-screen monitor right now.
The moment to decide whether to submit test or not was the most nerve-wrecking moment.
But thank god I passed!
47/50.

When I walked out, things just got serious, the weather was super hot and ... the haze was very serious.
And right now, current time 9.23pm, the TV shows the PSI @290, are you really kidding me?
Over the century, there's gonna be haze every year and that this was the most serious one that I've seen. It's getting worse everyday, when surprisingly the day is better than the night. Most because, they burnt during the day and when the wind blows the haze to Singapore, it's already night time, hence more serious at night.

It's like Genting everywhere except for the hot weather.
I'm thinking when will this ever stop?
What is the government going to do?
And why hasn't it been raining?

Right now, one fan isn't even enough for me.
It's like SARS period all over again, with the citizens getting paranoid bout the weather that I really saw people wearing masks and I was still thinking are you really that afraid of death. So far, I've never experience any discomfort or irritant by the haze but people are getting flu and sore throat all sorts of sickness. I wonder if I'm the abnormal one, looks like I've to stock up some food tomorrow when the haze goes down.

How funny it is when, this morning the PSI goes down to as low as 80+ and right now, 290. Or is it that they had a typo? Just less than an hour ago, it's only 190. Holidays holidays, everybody wants holidays. But this shit is getting so serious that .......... I myself become afraid as well and what if it's going to last for a few more months? What's worse when there's still dengue in Singapore that's almost about 1k cases. This might just be the biggest natural 'disaster' that Singapore is going to experience.

Some say, Singaporeans are whining about the high PSI and blaming the Indonesians burning the crops/forest/etc. Some counter-attack that Indonesia protected us from Tsunami and yet this little haze we cannot tolerate. To be honest, which are you going to choose, haze or Tsunami? I guess, haze will be a better choice.

Then again, what am I saying?

No comments: