Monday, August 20, 2012

Semi-holiday

#1450

Muslims friends are partying over the weekend, but I couldn't really hear the noise of them partying. 

Weird? Compared to CNY, it was much more quiet. 
Speaking of CNY... There's still a long time. 

******

A lot of things hit me suddenly. 

1. What if my parents are in some .. diseases or something before I enter the workforce.
Who's going to pay all those bills and everything? Who's going to look after them? Who's going to accompany them? Who's going to be there for them 24/7?
I can't do all of the above.
Perhaps, I'll still be studying or just having an unstable job. How am I going to pay for the bills and everything? Somehow, adulthood is so scary that now I'm 18, I'm afraid.
Those bills that you don't see everyday.
Internet bills, electric/water bills, gas bills, TV bills and everyday daily expenses.
It's all bout` money and I'm still not independent yet.
Yep, so what if one day my parents collapse?
I think I'll be loss.

Why am I saying this?
I'm not trying to curse my parents or anything.
It's all because of something that my mum said just now.
Mum: "I got like.. chest pains and if I couldn't wake up, everything's inside the cabinet."
Me: I gave that blur look and a "HUHHHH?"

Okay. It's not like I don't understand what my mum was trying to say, other than "huh" I don't know what I should reply. Just so you don't know, my mum's like 50 (plus 1/2) already, my dad at around 55? Yet I'm still 18. What can I do? I'm not earning money but still studying like mad.

Oh fuck, I believe if they collapse one day and if I'm still studying..
Confirm plus chop, I don't need to go school anymore and I'll have to "retain".
Touch wood.

2. Who's going to pay for school fees if I can go to University?
Obviously the first answer that you will think of is parents.
But I'm sure that my parents won't have that money to let me finish my University.
Don't even mention bout` CPF, it's not enough.
The worst scenario will be taking a loan from bank.
Yes I think I will choose that option if I CAN go.
But I'm going to be in debt afterwards, having a hard time to pay back to the bank.
Which is something that I don't want.

3. Who's going to pay for my brother's poly fees?
Needless to say, school fees are like every household products that kept on increasing and never drop. Every year there will be like an increase of school fees. By the time it's my brother's turn to study in Poly, it's more expensive to get a cert, a stupid one.

Who's going to pay all that?
Use your brain and the answer will be me.
If I do my calculations properly, I'll be just graduating when my bro's entering poly.
By "just graduating", I'm not going to be like entering workforce immediately, I want to rest a while before working and adulthood is scary. By resting a while before working means, I'm delaying time and I won't get a stable job so soon. Well who expects to get a stable job when you just graduate from Poly?

Not getting a stable job soon, it means no money to pay for the fees.
And you think that there will be miracle happening?

By the way, why are educational fees so expensive? If you compare Poly with secondary it's like how many times more? And if you compare with Uni and Poly it's like >2 times more. I just feel that the lecturers in Poly do not deserved this kind of pay. In fact it should be lesser.
Why?
Because not all lecturers are nice and caring for the students.
Even though it's more stressful to teach in Poly rather than Sec/Pri schools.
I still don't think that they deserve this kind of pay.
You can even earn around 3-4k in Secondary School just for teaching a subject.
If you compare to normal office staff, how much time they have to put in to earn this much.
It's not like the pay is rising.
IT NEVER RISE.

4. Intern-ship
Every poly student has to go through this.
I see this as something like ... a lesson for us to prepare for work-ready.
I'm starting to think whether I can cope with this without my friends around.
If you've been reading, I always cry during presentation and couldn't cope with the project but friends are always there for me and helping me solve the things. But without them, what will I be? And who's going to help me when I cry or feeling frustrated?

No one.

******
There's one submission this coming friday, called "project profile". So stupid.
Basically it's a file that you put in what you've done for semester1.
Worst thing is that, you have to design a file rather than just buying it and put everything inside?
Whoever suggested this stupid idea is an idiot.

And test on 28 Aug.
Official holiday after that.
Ah.

No comments: